Rural Ohio resort style course where shot making is at a premium. Wide fairways and large greens invite the average player, but close approaches are required to score well. Full of detail, mature trees and rolling vista. Come enjoy a weekend at Thompson Fields.
- Course plays well and does not have any unfair tee shots or pin placements
- Custom shaped fairways and bunkering that is pretty well done and unique
- A good mix of elevation changes on the course
- Not very many interesting looking holes especially from the tee box
- Bunker contouring could have used a little more work
- Some odd elevation changes such as sudden drops, steep uphill climbs
This is a good effort by the designer. However, the course needs some more work in the aesthetics department and a little more practice with the flatten and raise tools to get a nice natural looking undulation to the land. The course has a nice hand crafted look to it but just needs a little bit more to make it great. Definitely promising work.
|2015||Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic||Champions-A||Jesús María Gálvez|
|2015||Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic||Champions-B||Henry de Guz|