Welcome to the Quail! This realistic, par 71 layout will provide a challenging, yet fair test of golf. Featuring wide fairways, large bunkers, elevation changes, and water coming into play on many holes, there is something for everyone at Quail Ridge. The signature 11th hole, affectionately known as "Safe or Sorry" is a tricky risk-reward short par 4 which could lead to an amazing eagle, an easy birdie, or...much much worse! Enjoy your round!
- Holes are thoughtfully laid out and offer a mild challenge.
- Sensible planting and object placement.
- Likely to run smoothly on lower-end PCs and on consoles.
- No blind shots or blocked drives from curiously placed objects.
- Some flaws in execution of holes (ribboning on fairway edges, unnatural shaping of rough, lack of depth in bunkers).
- Over-reliance on stock bunker and green brushes decreases memorability.
- First four holes sub-par overall compared to the rest of the course.
This autumn themed course is a pleasant and mildly challenging round of golf, though it only hits its stride after the fourth hole. It is relatively bare-boned in terms of vegetation and object placement, which decreases visual appeal while making it likely to run smoothly on lower-end PCs and on consoles. The holes are well laid out and have a natural feel, though attention to details such as in the deepening of bunkers, shaping of the rough, and removing ribboning on fairway edges, could have been better. The greens are sculpted in a fair way with reasonable undulations and a moderate speed. Overall, this is a decent round of golf that hints at the potential of this designer if more time is invested in personal touches and a sense of flare.
|No hosted tournaments for this course.|