TGC Tours recommends the use of Stock XB1 and PS4 controllers (controllers manufactured by Microsoft or Sony respectively). You may use another controller or a mouse provided that it meets our Fair Play Analysis which analyzes several metrics from your shot data.
Our metrics will allow most users with stock PS4 and XB1 controllers ample room to play on TGC Tours with no issues.
- Shot data will be monitored and if any results fall outside our Fair Play criteria, all scores will be withdrawn for the week
- Pro tours (PGA, Euro, Web) will have Fair Play Metrics checked for R1 & R2 after the 2nd round ends and R3 & R4 checked after the 4th round ends
- CC-Pro/Am will have Fair Play Metrics for all rounds checked after the 4th round ends
- Members that have scores withdrawn will be auto-emailed a link to a private board on our forums for support
- TGCT reserves the right to withdraw any abnormal results that we deem counter to our Fair Play Policy
A note about 3rd party controllers/officially licensed
There are many officially licensed controllers for both the PS4 and XB1. Officially licensed is another term for 3rd party controller. Most of these controllers are not built with the same quality/sensitivity as the PS4 or XB1 official controller. An officially licensed or 3rd party controller may look like a regular controller but may not pass our Fair Play metrics analysis. Please be aware of this when claiming your controller is an Official XB1 or PS4 controller - it may not be.
No Cheating Accusations
All public cheating accusations will result in temporary forum bans. The majority of users removed from the leaderboards via our Fair Play policy are not cheating - just using devices with forgiving settings/deadzones that make it unfair to compete against stock controller users - usually unknowingly. Any concerns should be emailed to email@example.com.