Nestled between the Coast Mountains of British Columbia, lies a chain of lakes known as Griffin Lakes. This course was built to weave around and through the lakes which provide for a scenic round of golf. This par 72 course comes in just under 7000 yards, and can be a tough test, yet rewards smart players with many birdie and eagle opportunities. Enjoy your round at the Lakes!
- Very polished looking course. Hills and slopes contoured well.
- Some great holes on the verge of being excellent. Holes 11, 17, and 18 were most enjoyable.
- Good planting of rocks, tees, and extras.
- Dogleg holes and gentle sloping fairways requires good shot preparation and shot shaping.
- For the few great holes and many good holes, several holes real kill the full experience...
- ...Hole9's fairway too narrow v. the rest of the course, but the runoff of the green is the big detractor here- starts before pin and too severe.
- ...Hole14 is simply unfair if you can't drive it across the lake to the 2nd fairway. Laying up in 1st fairway leaves a 240+yd uphill shot in.
- ...Holes 10 and 12 greens run away from the hole, and good shots in will turn out punished. Again greens too severe.
- Frequent minor view obstructions throughout the course- open up the views to holes like 2nd shots on 1, 8, 11, etc.
- Slightly more depth and contouring needed on the bunkers.
Overall there is great potential here! I really enjoyed most of the holes, but the few holes that 'missed' for me really missed badly. Subtle improvements to the greens which runout good shots to the back the green, improvements to hills/slopes blocking views of the holes, and elimination of the broken fairway drives are highly recommended. Easily a 4.0+ course with these corrections. The designer obviously took great care in laying out the course, designing the holes, and contouring the slopes. A great course where you can't just grip and rip, but think and plan your shots. I'm hoping for a Griffin Lakes 2.0 and I'll be back playing and recommending to my friends in no time.
|No hosted tournaments for this course.|